Find out more about Myler bits and see the free video and link to the “bitting assistant” here:
MB-36 Embossed, Myler Bit – Size 5
- 7 1/2″ Stainless Steel Embossed Seven Shank with Sweet Iron Forward Tilt Ported Barrel (MB 36, Level 2-3) Copper Inlay.
- This mouthpiece is made of polished Sweet Iron which naturally oxidizes or rusts.
- Harmless to horses, it has a sweet taste and promotes salivation.
- The 36 mouthpiece is a Myler alternative to the traditional mullen mouthpiece.
- Has the wide low port that allows the tongue to pass under the bit comfortably.
- The port is ¼” high, just enough to allow the tongue to elevate and swallow, but not high enough for palate pressure.
- The 36 mouthpiece is identical to the 06, except the 36 port is tilted forward at a 45° angle.
- The 36 offers more tongue relief than the 06, but when the reins are engaged, the tilted port will apply more tongue pressure than the 06.
- The curved mouthpiece wraps the horse’s mouth, allowing more space for the tongue under the bit.
- When the reins are engaged, the 36 applies pressure primarily to the bars and lip.
- This mouthpiece also has Independent Side Movement.
4.75 inch, 5 inch, 5.5 inch, 6 inch
Q & A
What information I left out was it was MB-36 embossed bit.
That bit only comes in the 5 inch size.
How would I be able to get this MB-36 in a size 5 1/2 ? My gelding has a wide mouth. This bit was suggested to me by my riding instructor because y horse has a low palate.